Youtube slider video container is blank

Resolved 4 posts from 2 participants
  • Started 3 years, 8 months ago ago by Shawn M.
  • Replied 3 years, 8 months ago ago by Constantin
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • #2608

    Shawn M.

    Hi there!

    There seems to be some wonkiness with the youtube option on one of my sites. On a test site of mine, the plugin works perfectly. On the live site, youtube videos do not show up. When I inspect element in chrome, the video container is completely missing content. If I replace the slider with a vimeo link, it works.

    My test site is an EXACT duplicate of the live site. Like I mentioned before, the test site is working perfectly. I tried disabling all plugins on the live site, changing the FA Slider theme to a different/default theme, using the API Key that works on the test site on the live site. The only difference I can tell from the two sites are – 1) They are on different servers (same host, one dedicated server and the other a shared server) and 2) The API Key is different for live/test sites.

    Any thoughts on what I could be missing?

    Thanks so much!




    Can you please check for JS errors on your live website? Please post them here, thank you.


    Shawn M.

    Sure! The ones below are unique to this installation. The chrome extension one is strange because I don’t have it installed and if I use the same browser for both sites, the error doesn’t occur in the test site. I’ve also looked at multiple browsers to see if this plugin will work in a different one, no luck.

    chrome-extension://enhhojjnijigcajfphajepfemndkmdlo/cast_sender.js Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED

    chrome-extension://fmfcbgogabcbclcofgocippekhfcmgfj/cast_sender.js Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED

    B9558999.129798861;sz=1×2;ord=419761280418:1 Failed to execute ‘write’ on ‘Document’: It isn’t possible to write into a document from an asynchronously-loaded external script unless it is explicitly opened. <– Refers to the line below
    document.write('\x3cdiv class="GoogleActiveViewClass" ' +'id="DfaVisibilityIdentifier_1649262308"\x3e');

    B9558999.129798861;sz=1×2;ord=419761280418:148 Failed to execute ‘write’ on ‘Document’: It isn’t possible to write into a document from an asynchronously-loaded external script unless it is explicitly opened. <– Refers to the code below
    document.write('\x3c/div\x3e');(function() {var avDiv = document.getElementById("DfaVisibilityIdentifier_1649262308");if (!avDiv) {avDiv = {};window["DfaVisibilityIdentifier_1649262308_avData"] = avDiv;}if (avDiv) {avDiv['_avi_'] = 'BIyrrSKpvWJ2uGMmP3AH0tLH4CgAAAAAQATgB4AQCiAXXt8cEoAY_';avDiv['_avihost_'] = '';avDiv['_avm_'] = 'la\x3d0\x26';}var glidar = document.createElement('script');glidar.type = 'text/javascript';glidar.async = true;glidar.src = '//';var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(glidar, s);})();(function(){var f=function(a,c,b){return,arguments)},g=function(a,c,b){if(!a)throw Error();if(2<arguments.length){var,2);return function(){var;Array.prototype.unshift.apply(b,d);return a.apply(c,b)}}return function(){return a.apply(c,arguments)}},k=function(a,c,b){k=Function.prototype.bind&&-1!=Function.prototype.bind.toString().indexOf("native code")?f:g;return k.apply(null,arguments)};var l=document,m=window;var n=function(a){return{visible:1,hidden:2,prerender:3,preview:4}[a.webkitVisibilityState||a.mozVisibilityState||a.visibilityState||""]||0},p=function(a){var c;a.mozVisibilityState?c="mozvisibilitychange":a.webkitVisibilityState?c="webkitvisibilitychange":a.visibilityState&&(c="visibilitychange");return c};var r=function(){this.g=l;this.j=m;this.i=!1;this.h=[];this.m={};if(3==n(this.g)){var a=k(this.o,this);this.n=a;var c=this.g,b=p(this.g);c.addEventListener?c.addEventListener(b,a,!1):c.attachEvent&&c.attachEvent("on"+b,a)}else q(this)};r.p=function(){return r.l?r.l:r.l=new r};var s=/^([^:]+:\/\/[^/]+)/m,t=/^\d*,(.+)$/m,q=function(a){if(!a.i){a.i=!0;for(var c=0;c<a.h.length;++c)a.k.apply(a,a.h[c]);a.h=[]}};r.prototype.q=function(a,c){var;(b=t.exec(b))&&(this.m[a]=b[1])};r.prototype.k=function(a,c){var b;if(b=this.s)i:{try{var d=s.exec(this.j.location.href),e=s.exec(a);if(d&&e&&d[1]==e[1]&&c){var h=k(this.q,this,c);this.s(a,h);b=!0;break i}}catch(y){}b=!1}b||(b=this.j,b.google_image_requests||(b.google_image_requests=[]),d=b.document.createElement("img"),d.src=a,b.google_image_requests.push(d))};r.prototype.o=function(){if(3!=n(this.g)){q(this);var a=this.g,c=p(this.g),b=this.n;a.removeEventListener?a.removeEventListener(c,b,!1):a.detachEvent&&a.detachEvent("on"+c,b)}};var u=function(a,c){var b=/(google|doubleclick).*\/pagead\/adview/.test(a),d=r.p(),e=a;if(b){b="&vis="+n(d.g);c&&(b+="&ve=1");var h=e.indexOf("&adurl"),e=-1==h?e+b:e.substring(0,h)+b+e.substring(h)}d.i?d.k(e,c):d.h.push([e,c])},v=["pdib"],w=this;v[0]in w||!w.execScript||w.execScript("var "+v[0]);for(var x;v.length&&(x=v.shift());)v.length||void 0===u?w=w[x]?w[x]:w[x]={}:w[x]=u;})();pdib("\x3dAKAOjssxyDKRrC440sOyiRfP8kEHcGfVqbw4J7SYxI3mun_mH4KP-QExSm-j8iMXHVnsCMKmJ9fL_3CtaGMwTIHhG5ZXiYI7tA5YrdyOOidVeQggekA5zjbAwwXI\x26sig\x3dCg0ArKJSzIpopR_vDVqLEAE\x26urlfix\x3d1\x26adurl\x3d");

    There is another one that both sites have referring to this line of code which I believe shouldn’t be causing this issue.
    if ($(window).width() <= 768) mouseflowPath += "/smartphone";

    Thanks again!


    Shawn M.

    OMG! I got it to work… something was strange with the google analytics tag we had on there. I removed it and now it’s fine. Thank you so much for looking into this for me 🙂



    Happy to hear this, usually, when this happens it means there’s a JS error that prevents the plugin from working correctly.
    Please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.