When creating a featured content slider from WordPress posts, one huge advantage is to customize each slide with its own, unique content. This helps create interest and will make your visitors click and stay longer on your website.
With WordPress slider plugin Featured Articles, all content in slides is taken by default from the actual post title and post content according to your slider text settings. In most cases, this is all that is needed but if you would like to customize each individual slide content in your slider, you can choose to allow slide editing when editing posts.
A WordPress featured content slider is always a very good way of showcasing your most important content in front of your readers. Using WordPress slider plugin Featured Articles, you can create a featured content slider displaying posts and their featured image in less than a minute.
The plugin has all functionality implemented in it so you won’t need to install any extra addons. But let’s just see how easy it easy to create a WordPress featured content slider.
The images you use in WordPress or create can be an amazing source to use in WordPress sliders. Featured Articles PRO allows you by default to create sliders from your Media Gallery images that are suitable for presenting, for example, your photography portfolio in case you are a photographer.
Check out this guide and start creating your WordPress image slider that can showcase your best work.
We are proud to announce that we released WordPress slider plugin Featured Articles PRO version 3.1 that comes with new features and some bug fixes.
The most notable feature in this version is the third-party slider scripts compatibility that allows you to merge the powerful plugin functionality of selecting WordPress posts to be showcased into WordPress sliders with any jQuery slider script.
As you may already know, creating beautiful WordPress sliders with Featured Articles is very easy. If you display special offers or product lines at a special discount, you may need your WordPress slider to unpublish at a later time, when your offer expires. With Featured Articles for WordPress, this becomes a seamless task since this feature is directly built into the plugin.
The easy way to create a custom post type slider in WordPress is to use a plugin that can at least do the following:
- select the posts according to their post type,
- have an interface to put the posts into the right order,
- have a slider script that will display the posts,
- have various ways of publishing the sliders into your WordPress pages.
Featured Articles is a WordPress slider plugin that will allow you to create and publish sliders into your WordPress website without the need to write any code (unless you want to).
By using it you will benefit of an extensively tested plugin that has been around for quite a few years by now and is constantly upgraded and supported.
WordPress widgets are great for adding content and features to your sidebars and customize the look and functionality of your website. Featured Articles uses this functionality to allow you to create highly customizable WordPress slider widgets by providing plenty of options that you can customize for each slider widget.
Creating a video WordPress slider using Featured Articles is a simple process. The plugin will allow you to import video title, description and image while attaching and handling all video embedding in your slider. Check out the guide below and find out how to import videos from various sources into your video WordPress slider.
After almost a half year work, Featured Articles PRO 3.0 is available for download here on CodeFlavors. This version is a complete rewrite of the plugin and we hope you will love it as much as we loved making it.
The general idea of the plugin is pretty much the same as with previous versions, create sliders in WordPress from posts/pages and custom post types and display them anywhere in your website. What comes as a plus is the slider theme editor which is now more like the WordPress theme editor, giving you a live preview of your whole website while you edit a slider theme.
Featured Articles PRO comes with new options, 2 new themes that are video enabled and responsive and an overall improvement regarding user interaction. Below is the complete change log for this version.
- Multibyte characters support;
- Image preloaders in slideshows (available as option in slideshow administration);
- Support for Font Awesome library (if slideshow theme asks for it from theme functions page);
- Themes can now manipulate video size to cover the whole slide area if needed;
- New options under theme editing to customize the preview;
- Compatibility with WPTouch PRO;
- Images can now be resized to exact dimensions instead of only using WordPress’s registered sizes;
- New template function to display author name in slideshows with or without link to its posts page (includes display option in slideshow editing page);
- Touch swipe left/right navigation in slideshows;
- 2 new slideshow themes: Accordion and Carousel that are video enabled and responsive;
- Subpages in slides (must be allowed by setting a constant inside the plugin internal code).